Involvement in a Greek-letter organization provides a valuable opportunity to develop your leadership skills within your chapter and on the campus. Being involved in a Greek organization offers you some of the following opportunities: hold a position in your chapter, hold a position in your council, attend local leadership programming provided by the chapter and Greek Life office, attend regional and national leadership conferences sponsored by your individual organization, and apply through scholarships through your national organization to attend conferences. Furthermore, growing your network inside your organization and the entire Greek community, which will allow Greek members to join organizations outside of Greek Life.
Greek Emerging Leadership Program
This program is designed for up and coming student chapter and council leaders who have completed their new member education period. Using an institute format, the goal of the event is for students to discover their leadership styles and values while also identifying future aspirations for the Greek community.
- September 21-23rd : 4-H Retreat Center Columbia, NC
- Register: https://orgsync.com/112619/forms/321174
Greek Operations Series
This program series will teach fraternal organizations how to operate more effectively. Topics will be chosen based on the needs of the community and will be different for each event. The audience for this program will depend on the topic and needs of individual chapters.
- September 12: Greek Operation Series- OrgSync MSC 244 7:00pm-8:00pm
- October 10: Greek Operation Series- Philanthropy Events Great Room 3 7:00pm-8:00pm
- November 14: Greek Operation Series- Media Relations MSC 212 7:00pm-8:00pm
Greek Officers Academy
This program is designed to provide leadership trainings for council executive board and chapter presidents. Topics will be based on the Social Change Model of Leadership and will help build community while also working through shared challenges.
- August 20: Greek Officer Academy MSC 244 5:30pm-7:00pm
- September 13: Greek Officer Academy Grand Room 6:30pm-8:00pm
- November 1: Greek Officer Academy HSC Grand Room 5:00pm-9:00pm